I got nominated for The Liebster Award by Ambreen (proudpakistanii). Thanks for the nomination. She writes beautiful poetry and love to review books.
What is the Liebster award ? The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Liebster Award works like this:
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer the questions posed to you by the nominator.
4. Nominate other blogs to receive the award.
5. Write questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
So here are the questions asked by Ambreen…
1. What does writing mean to you?
Ans: Its a self expression
2. Your favorite poem?
Ans: It’s a habit of yours to walk slowly.
You hold a grudge for years.
With such heaviness, how can you be modest?
With such attachments, do you expect to arrive anywhere?
Be wide as the air to learn a secret.
Right now you’re equal portions clay
and water, thick mud.
Abraham learned how the sun and moon and the stars all set. He said, No longer will I try to assign partners for God.
You are so weak. Give up to grace.
The ocean takes care of each wave
till it gets to shore.
You need more help than you know.
You’re trying to live your life in open scaffolding.
Say Bismillah, In the name of God,
as the priest does with a knife when he offers an animal.
Bismillah your old self
to find your real name.”
By Jalaluddin Rumi, The Essential Rumi
3. Which book/movie moved you the most?
Ans: The Da Vinci Code/ The Exorcist.
4. If you have to live on an island for six months and you could only take three items with you, given that food and clothes are already provided, what would they be?
Ans: sleeping bag, chess and football.
5. What was your answer to “what do you want to become when you grow up?” as a child and are you still following that dream?
Ans: I want to be a photographer cos I love people’s expression and nature’s colors. Alhamdulillah I am following that dream.
6. Excluding friends and family, who is your favorite person on this Earth?
Ans: I can’t answer that.
7. Funny childhood story?
Ans: My grandfather told me if I threw my ball high enough in the air, I could hit the moon. So I tried and tried, and just when I was about to give up, my grandpa threw it for me and yelled “It’s coming down fast, hold out your arms and catch it!” And little me stood there arms stretched out wide, crying from sheer terror of catching the moon, and my grandpa just threw the ball into my hands. Sure enough I believed I caught the moon, but told him to throw it back so everyone could see the moon. He threw the ball up, intentionally getting it stuck in the tree and 4 yr old me believed he threw the moon back into space.
8. Favorite childhood cartoons?
Ans: Courage the Cowardly Dog
9. If you could bring one change in the world, what would it be? And why?
Ans: Well, I will boost the use of green technologies to minimize carbon emission and make this world a better place to breathe.
10. Would you do an illegal thing if it’s morally right?
Ans: Hmmm….. I can’t think of any thing.
11. What gets you through a hard day?
Ans: Only Coffee can do wonders for me as I hate tea.
The Introvert Bookworm
Shades of Sunrise
Not your type blog
Here are my questions:
- If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
- What made you want to start a blog?
- What is your favorite book?
- Which book should get a film adaptation?
- Which is your all time favorite movie?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- What is the story behind your blog’s name?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What was your biggest fear while traveling?
- How has blogging changed you?