Usually on weekends I picked one recipe from the internet and made it with little twist. So, last Sunday I searched the recipe of Salsa and made it with some extra added ingredients.
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 capsicum (seeded and roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1 jalapeño (seeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (green coriander)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes*
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder*
- salt to taste
*I added those extra ingredients to give it a little twist
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to blister. Remove from heat.
- Place the roasted tomatoes into a blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined and just slightly chunky, yet fairly smooth.
- Serve with chips, tortillas, tacos or burritos.