Among all Biryani recipes, Prawn Biryani is the most easy to made. Now almost every weekend I cook something. Yesterday I made Prawn Biryani for lunch and it turned out awesome.
- 500gm Prawn
- 400gm Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Red chili powder
- Whole garam masala (3 cloves, cinnamon stick, 3 black pepper, 2 green cardamom, 1 black cardamom)
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon Yogurt
- Biryani masala (you can use any brand)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 3-4 finely chopped Mint leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- Food color (optional I used yellow color)
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- Peal the cover and wash the prawns. Now add red chili powder, 1tsp of ginger-garlic paste and salt to the prawn.
- Heat oil in a pan when oil becomes hot add prawns batch by batch for frying. Fry them till it turns brown.
- Add chopped onion to the hot oil and fry it till it turns to brown, add rest of ginger-garlic paste and whole garam masala to the hot oil fry it for a while once it done and fry 3-4 mins.
- Now add the biryani masala and yogurt to this onion masala and mix it well.
- Add the fried prawns to this yogurt mixture and let it cook for a while.
- Take a pan with 2-3 cups of water, when water starts boiling add little oil and washed rice to it.
- Boil the rice till its 90% done.
- Now layer the prawns at bottom then rice on top of it. Sprinkle coriander and mint leaves on the top of rice. Sprinkle food color on top of the rice and cover it in very low flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now biryani is ready, best served with raita.