Cassandra de Pecol aka Cassie is an American woman who wants to break the Guinness World Record for the fastest female to travel to all 196 Sovereign Nations in less than 3 years and 3 months.
She starts her journey on 1st July, 2015. In 17 months she has been to 193 countries including North Korea, Iraq, Palestine and Kosovo. Her favorite region is Middle East.
She wants to promote peace through sustainable tourism. All details about her expedition can be found at Expedition 196.
Pacific Asian Travels Association (PATA) Pakistan Chapter and Asiatic Public Relations (APR) bringing her to Pakistan to visit Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. Here she will be visiting cultural heritage sites, giving lectures at the universities and meeting media and press.
Yesterday with Karachi’s Mayor Mr. Wasim Akhtar she planted Cedrus Deodara tree (the National Tree of Pakistan) at the Karachi Municipal Corporation Building.
She also presented the peace declaration to the Mayor, Mr. Waseem Akhtar as a token of peace from her country to ours.
Last night APR & PATA organized a Bloggers Meetup where Cassie shared her traveling stories from around the world. It was a casual meetup where she shared her traveling stories from around the world followed by a Q&A session.
— Zee Talks (@zeetalks1) December 13, 2016
— Farman (@farmansha) December 13, 2016
— عنبر ذوالفقار (@Cheese_Pakora) December 14, 2016
At the end of the meetup she shared some tips for the travelers:
- Do not research about a country before traveling, keep all perceptions about a country outta the door.
- Always pack light. You don’t need to look like a diva while you are traveling.
- Use apps like couchsurfing, airbnb , skyscanner and google maps to save costs.
- Do not hesitate in exploring new foods, new experiences, new trips, new places
- Buy one way ticket and don’t worry about the rest. Find job and experience the real life in a country. That’s the best way to travel.