I was bit bored with eating the usual shaped pizza, so last night I tried ‘Sicilian Pizza’. It came out quite delicious. Sharing the recipe which is enough for 8 people and it was ready in 45mins.
Sicilian Pizza in the oven
- 2 packages (4-1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 40-45 pepperonis
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Coat an 18×13-inch sheet pan with ¼ cup olive oil and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the yeast and sugar with the warm water. Allow to proof about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and garlic salt and mix on low speed for a few minutes before slowly adding the remaining ¼ cup of olive oil. Mix until a smooth ball starts to form, about 5 minutes.
- Press dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°F. Once dough has risen to almost double in height, flatten the bottom and press the dough up the sides of the pan with your hands..
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over dough. Sprinkle sauce evenly with half the cheese and then all the pepperoni. Sprinkle pepperoni evenly with remaining cheese and then sprinkle the whole pizza.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust starts to brown and the cheese starts to bubble. Let set 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
As I love strawberries and their sweet and sour taste, I decided to make this super easy dessert by start . . .
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup skim milk
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon white sugar
1 pinch salt
1 Cup sliced fresh strawberries
Strawberry jam as required
Chocolate syrup for topping
Whipped cream for topping
Icing sugar for topping
- In a large bowl, beat together egg, milk, water and oil. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until smooth.
- Heat a medium, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place a spoonful of crepe batter into center of pan, tilting to coat the bottom. Cook until golden brown on one side, turning once, 2 to 5 minutes. Continue with remaining batter.
- To assemble, spread some chocolate syrup and strawberry jam on the lighter side of one crepe. Place a line of overlapping strawberries down the center of the crepe and roll it up. Topped with some chocolate syrup and whipped cream and drizzle with icing sugar. Repeat with remaining crepes.