I was bit bored with eating the usual shaped pizza, so last night I tried ‘Sicilian Pizza’. It came out quite delicious. Sharing the recipe which is enough for 8 people and it was ready in 45mins.
- 2 packages (4-1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 40-45 pepperonis
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Coat an 18×13-inch sheet pan with ¼ cup olive oil and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the yeast and sugar with the warm water. Allow to proof about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and garlic salt and mix on low speed for a few minutes before slowly adding the remaining ¼ cup of olive oil. Mix until a smooth ball starts to form, about 5 minutes.
- Press dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°F. Once dough has risen to almost double in height, flatten the bottom and press the dough up the sides of the pan with your hands..
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over dough. Sprinkle sauce evenly with half the cheese and then all the pepperoni. Sprinkle pepperoni evenly with remaining cheese and then sprinkle the whole pizza.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust starts to brown and the cheese starts to bubble. Let set 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.